Tuesday, April 6, 2010

IT WAS A PEEP-A-LICOUS EASTER!!

I really got Peep fever this year and launched into Peep creativity!

It started with my A Muse stamp "to one of my favorite PEEPS" mmmm, I LOVE peeps, although for eating, I really only like the yellow chicks.....but it started me wanting the cute little A Muse Peep bunny stamp (it's on my wish list.... *sigh*) Then on Facebook, I saw a post about Peepshi......Peeps +Sushi = Peepshi. they looked so darn cute......then my brother told me that his friend was bringing fixing for champagne cocktails.......so I thought, gee, wouldn't it be fun to have appetizers? And I immediately thought of PEEPSHI!!!! And therein was the downfall of my Easter table decorations and John's Easter card...

John's Easter card was really the beginning of the end......and as it turns out, my MM Slice Spring card, happens to have Peep bunny and chick shapes. I cut the little peep chick and bunny, ran them through the Xyron to apply adhesive, and then dipped them in glitter.....they truly looked sugar coated....affixed them to the card with foam tape, and some felt flower border and a very springy Eastery card is born......inside, I used that a muse "to one of my favorite PEEPS" stamp....because he is my favorite PEEP!!!


I was really on a roll now, so the table decorations became chick oriented.....aren't these chickie dishes cute? You can bake in them too!! I filled them up with all kinds of Easter egg treats and jelly beans!!
Then I cut out the peep chick with my MM Slice Spring card die cut for the tags, wrote everyone's name on a chick, wrapped the goodies all up in springy cellophane, tied a bow with a springy green sheer ribbon, attached the chick and voila, table favors/place cards !!!!!




then there was the Peepshi.......they came out adorable, and well, they were quite tasty!! And colorful!! First there was Peepshi.....



Then I moved on to Peepshimi......

And them I put together a Peep-Peep Platter......

Yes indeed, we had a Peep-a-licious Easter this year, and it was very sweet indeed!!

No comments: