Sunday, May 8, 2011

MORE NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY LAYOUTS

I have been gradually working through all the National Scrapbook Day challenges posted over at Storytellers Club. There were 6 layout challenges in total, plus a few games.

American Idol Challenge was to use the Idol colors, red white and blue. The perfect opportunity to scrap this picture of John's dad, taken about 1935, when he was in the Coldstream Guards, doing duty at the Tower of London. While I was scrapping this picture I decided to do a little research on the uniform his dad is wearing. The Coldstream Guards jacket has gold buttons, in pairs. Other guards have their buttons single file. Another way to differentiate between the regiments is by the color of the plume on the bearskin hat, as well as the side the plume is on....who knew all these things were clues to identifying regiments?


Next up, Cupcake Wars. To use a cupcake on your page, and the word "sweet" in the title or journaling. This Storytellers Club kit was perfect for this challenge!



Raising Sextuplets was my next page. The challenge was to raise 6 items up off the page. I thought that since my sweet godchild is going to be getting married this summer, I better catch up on getting some of her pictures scrapped.....this was her First Communion. Isn't she sweet??


Only 2 more layouts to go for my NSD challenges, guess they will have to wait till tomorrow.....think I am all scrapped out for today!!! Thanks for looking!

No comments: