Thursday, March 8, 2007

MY TRIP TO VERMONT TODAY

My Mom and I went to visit my Aunt and Cousin in Vermont today. It was about a 2 hour trip from my mother's house. Route 89 is absolutely gorgeous, with scenic vistas all the way up...unfortunately I was driving and didn't get any pictures...I did get some pictures of my Cousin and Aunt...and the big bonus for me was my Cousin took me to The King Arthur Flour store.....it was only 2.5 miles from my Aunt's, how could I pass that up, all I use is King Arthur flour in my scones (yes, the legendary ones...) I was pretty excited, and I did take my camera with me....my Cousin took my picture sitting in the King Arthur Throne!! I was like a kid in a candy store really! I bought flour (Queen Gueneviere cake flour), some baking mixes, some really great citron extract, a new oven mit, and some of the best french bread DH and I have ever eaten!! It may have been my first trip there, but it will definately not be my last!!! My Aunt let me have one of their old pictures of my Grandfather with my Uncle Joe * to scan it....I am hoping that my cousin will come down to visit me here and bring the all the old photos so I can get copies of some of them, of my mother and her sisters and cousins when she was young, maybe when she was in her 20s? They are photos from the 1930s and 40s....amazing!! My uncle (*who is really my first cousin once removed, and the cousin that I visited with is really my second cousin, all on my mother's maternal side of the family....for those of you who are genealogy buffs) well, he took tons of pictures, and put them all in albums.....none of them in any order, but they are pasted into albums, labeled! Wonder if he would ever have become a modern day scrapbooker with all the fancy doodads and die cuts and PP and CS....one never knows, unfortunately he passed on way before the modern day scrapping craze hit! Will post pictures of my trip when I get them downloaded off the camera!

No comments: