Monday, March 5, 2007


This is a Layout that I did 2 weeks ago for the Springboard to Summer Challenge Series going on at Creating Pages, for the Week 2 Challenge. The challenge was to use paint on your LO, and it had to be 50% or more of the LO. I decided to watercolor wash the background, so I took some white textured cardstock and used my watercolors to create a sunset background. I took these photos out the sunroom door one late afternoon while chatting on the phone with my DH John as he was driving home from work. I mounted the photos on black cardstock, and used a tree punch to make the tree branches. I punched out black cardstock trees, and then cut them in pieces and adhered them to the LO. The letters were from a diecut letter stack that I got at AC Moore, I didn't really like the font that they were, so I cut the edges to be more what I wanted...the "S" on Sun was put on with foam squares to make it pop out, as is the bottom photo.
Check out some of the other great work the ladies and I are doing for the series at CP, the link to CP is in my favorite links... or http://creatingpages.biz/gallery to take you right to the gallery. My online screen name is: Tobey. How original!! LOL!
Check back for this weeks LO coming soon in another post!
Tobey

No comments: